Wednesday, June 21, 2006

what's up with the mccrary fam? SHERRY

School's out for the summer.....whoo whoo!! My favorite time of the year. For the last two years I have been teaching US History to 8th graders at Mike Moses Middle School and dept. head of the Social Studies dept. On the last day of school this year, the opportunity to move to 7th grade and teach Texas History became available. After discussing with Bruce ("that's a no-brainer"), his words of wisdom to me, I decided to make the change. Sooooo, I have spent the last two weeks moving my room and setting up all my "stuff" (which I have way too much of) and preparing to teach Texas History. I am very excited and looking so forward to the change. How exciting to be teaching Texas History in the oldest town in Texas. I also gave up dept. head which required me to put in so many extra hours at school and home.....I am actually looking forward to coming home after school gets out next year....no more meetings afterschool. That's my biggest news.
In May, I returned to Kagoshima JAPAN for the second time. Accompanying 12 - 8th grade students for a two week homestay exchange program. WOW, it was even better 2nd time around. I stayed with my same family -- I can't even begin to explain how special that was and how much fun I had. You can see just how much fun we had at: www.mikemosesjapan.blogspot.com
Otherwise, I am just mostly enjoying the summer. I have adjusted well to the "empty nest" and find we still stay as busy as when Tyler was here. I am in a Bible study of Ephesians at my church, Grace Bible, www.gracebiblechurch.com for the month of June. Just got back from Atlanta (more in another posting on that), swimming a little, walking everynite with Bruce and enjoying life.

No comments: